Thursday, December 08, 2005

Born Again Guitarist

I started playing about 16 years ago. Some high school friends and I started a metal band. Since only the other guitar player and I ever practice, we didn't get anywhere. I haven't progress for the past 12 years and haven't touch my guitar for the past 4 years. Based on my family situation and the scaling down of my side business, I figure I'll have time for regular jam session with other people within a year. So one goal is to get very comfortable with the basic 12 bar blues while playing with a drum machine.

I'm also trying to get my son to take up an instrument again so we can jam together. He broke his viola a couple of years ago, but played the recorder at school for the past few months. I thought he got pretty good, but the class is over now and he lost his recorded. He seems to likes wind instrument. I asked him several times to inquire at school about the music program. I could easier do this myself, but I want to get him involved, which I hope will motiviate him. In preparation for playing along with him, I need to learn to sight read and play at the same time. I started this already since he's already ahead of me.

So my two goals are
1. Get comfortable with the 12 bar blues and a drum machine
2. Learn sight reading while also playing the guitar

1 Comments:

Blogger Hassan Voyeau said...

Good Luck.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home