Thursday, December 08, 2005

Gear and Setup

This is my starting gear as of last week.
1. '91 PRS EG - light blue/w white pickup guard. It's got a H-S-H configuration with 5 position toggle switch. It has an alder body and neck with rosewood finger board. It's has a vibrato bridge, but I lost the vibrato bar years ago. I don't use it much anyways, and I can just pull on the bridge when needed. It's got a nice warm tone with the humbuckers and a decend bright tone with the middle Single, but some new electrons and shielding should smooth it out more for the Santana tone. This is my main guitar now. It's very versitile in terms of tone.

2. 1990s Ibenze. Not sure of the model since it's go the USA Custom on the head stock. It's got a H-S-H configuration. This has a fix bridge and a bit too much bass. I used to play 11 guage strings, but eventually switched to 9 to brighten the tone up a bit. This guitar was made for shredding, so the neck is really thin, and the rosewood fretboard very fast. There's easy access to all 24 frets. I got this guitar cause I got sick of my strings always going out of tune on my previous guitar with a Floyd Rose style bridge. Great for metal and shredding, but you'll need to be quick with the Crybaby to simulate the chainsaw sounds. I took the strings off this thing to clean it. Haven't gotten around to restringing it back yet, but will soon.

3. Fender Squire 15 amp. This is a great little amp and I love the dirty sounds I can get out of it. The clean sound is not very clean, but that's no biggie for me. This was my first amp and it's pack a lot of personality.

4. Fender M80 Chorus combo. It's really great clean sound. This amp is very responsive. Partner this with the Ibenze for the ultimate shredder setup. It's also a very loud amp, way too loud for my needs.

5. Effects include a late 80s RAT and some pink DOD Fuzz distortion pedal I havn't used in 15 years. I also have a Zoom 9002 for time effects, but I need to replace the power reguator and possible some capacitors. I don't want to spend $15 and the time to fix it since it doesn't have a drum machine like the newer models. I'll save that for a side project later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home