Wednesday, April 12, 2006

5 Month Update

Damn, it's been 5 months already and I still suck. The guy I jammed with never call back, but that may be a good thing. I wasn't too interested in playing those songs right now. I did tighten up on my rhythm for Back in Black, learn most of Fade to Black, and play with two CCR songs I know with vocals.

I was getting pretty frustrated with the Blues and improvasation. I couldn't really get it without playing licks, which makes it sound force. Last night, I started going with chord tones and focus much more on listening to the chord progression. The results were much better. I was really sloppy since my mind was doing 2 things at once, but it's starting to resemble music as oppose to some guy running scales or patterns.

I trascribe the first lesson in "Blues you can use" on the drive to work last week. I mostly transcribe the 2nd lesson on the drive this morning. I also transcibed the rhythm section for Albert King's "Matchbox Blues" and started working on the solo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home