Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Back to Square One

I spend the past couple of nights doing maintenance on my guitars and gear. After a decade of neglect, the POTS started to get really dirty. I picked up a set of DeoxIt from Radio Shack and that did the trick. A can of DeoxIt D40 would have been better. The Ibanze was setup for 10 guage strings and it has a metal bar above the nut that makes it impossible to get to the truss rod without removing the bar first. I'll trying replacing the 9 guage w/ 10 guage strings first and see if that fixes the problem. It'll be nice to have different guages on each guitar for a fresh feel.

I don't like the sound I been getting from my fingers now that I'm playing with minimal distortion. I'm going back to the basics to relearn all the chords to make sure my fingers are optimally places behind the fret. I'm changing my right hand technique to be softer as to not overpower the strings.

I guess I'll go learn some simple Christmas songs.

2 Comments:

Blogger AA said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

I think I accidentally deleted a comment. Sorry about that if it was you. Please post again. I just wanted to get rid of a spam to a site that I wouldn't want my kid to see.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home