Thursday, December 15, 2005

I Fought the Groove and the Groove Won

I had a hard time with transitioning between the different sections of "I fought the law". Though every part was really simple, I couldn't get the chours to sound right. It's not my playing this time, but it takes my mind a little too long to retrieve the off beat rhythm patterns of the 3rd and 4th beats in the measure.

This morning in my car, I realized that I had to approach this song differently than say a Rush song. I don't know much about the Clash, but the rhythm guy may also be the vocals. I found that if I concentrate on the melody, the rhythm patterns comes naturally. I need to think less and just groove with the song. That's cool. It's different than how I approach songs before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home