Monday, June 12, 2006

Relearning Blues You Can Use

I started to record the first 4 songs from Blues You Can Use. For some, I play over a backing tracking and others a lead over the original material.

For the first two lessons which I use as the original material as rhythm tracks, so I pretty know where I am in the 12 bar progression when I play each part. The thing to work on there is listening and adding meaningful fills based on the underlining chord and which chord is coming up next.

For the second two songs, I play a 12 bar progression and then add the original material over it. I'm able to do just focusing on the drum beat, because I've internalize the songs. But I want to listen to the rhythm guitar too. So I'll break the original material into sections or phases. I'll listen to the chord changes and add sections as appropriate. I believe this will allow me to integrate the stuff I learn into my own playing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home